Aerlytix is a specialist technology solution provider in the aviation industry. Aerlytix creates customized solutions for clients who have exposures to aviation assets often running into billions of dollars.
Aerlytix's main product is a risk management analytics platform, however we do have other software and service offerings.
Aerlytix’s parent is a specialized asset manager who has vast amounts of experience in the aviation financing industry. The parent/shareholders understand the huge demand for Aerlytix products, and a decision has now been taken to expand the team to take advantage of upcoming opportunities.
As we look to expand our product offerings and client base, we are looking to make some key hires who will get to work in a fast-growing technology area with a very experienced team. The aviation finance business domain is complex and multi-faceted, and the role requires an exceptional software developer with strong engineering skills.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Understanding needs of team and clients
- Implementing back-end services in TypeScript on Node.js as part of an aviation finance analysis platform
- Extending data models for a complex business domain
- Implementing infrastructure as code, using Terraform with AWS platform
- Follow best practices of software development including high coding standards, automated testing, documentation, code-reviews, etc.
- Opportunity to work full-stack, though with primary focus on back-end
- The role will involve working closely with a very experienced team with the opportunity to extend knowledge of modern development technologies, in particular TypeScript, Node.js, Terraform, AWS, Docker & React.
The successful candidate will have experience of
- Expertise building server-side of web applications
- Experience deploying and managing applications in cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with RESTful API design and implementation
- Experience with SQL databases
- At least three years professional programming experience
- Strong academic knowledge of computer science, Bachelor’s Degree level required. Degree in Computer Science / Engineering preferred.
- Experience with strongly typed programming languages
- Experience with AWS services
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with TypeScript and/or Flow
- Experience with Terraform
Job Reference: AER23/001